The podcast was inspired by the question, “Is your community a club or a dinner party?” Our Mathilde Circle.so Community Manager posed this question in her post about getting your membership off to an engaging start. The analogy helped me think of how I get something from attending events like family parties and what I can do with that experience when it comes to my own communities as well – for example creating relevant content will help people feel more invested in their memberships!
Listening to this episode will help you…
- Build a sense of community with your membership
- Create relevant content to engage members
- Share best practices for running audience-focused community
Key takeaways from this episode
- That everybody gets something different from the same event
- Don’t FORCE the fun
- The best things happen when we are in a state of flow
It’s all about the space and community you createRyan Carruthers – 101 Is Your Community a Club or a Dinner Party?
With these tips in mind, you can create community that will grow into a loyal group of customers and advocates. What steps are you taking to build your membership? How have these tricks helped you connect with your audience?