We all want more members right? We are trying everything every day to get them, what I will share with you in this episode shows how I had my highest grossing month & how I took what was going to be a one-off yearly deal and included it into my membership to repeat the success.
Goals with the episode
- If I could show you how to have your greatest sales month ever would you listen all the way to the end?
- If I also show you how you can get a lot more members who are sticking around for the long term in the process would you listen till the end?
- Show you how I sent one email and it literally doubled my sales
- How I got members staying for 12 months – 2 months longer than my LTV
- How they stuck around after the deal ended
Let’s do this then!
I had always not done a black Friday sale, I thought they were spammy, just trying too get people to buy things they didn’t really need.
I also thought it was a noisy day to be trying to sell on.
But boy did all that change, we have a weekly meeting at BTC and we said didn’t have anything done for black Friday, maybe we should send one email about an offer.
I was reluctant.
I said ‘I don’t want people just for a month then leave though’ when Adam said let’s do yearly.
I said cool, I’d heard about a marketer in the states having HUGE success with a pay what you want offer.
So, that’s how simple we kept it…
The email is below…
Literally, make us an offer
The offers came in their droves.
We had people saying things like….
- I’d been on the fence for a while about joining this is a great offer and way for me to test it out
- I don’t like monthly payments so yearly is amazing for me
- I know if I pay for the year I will commit more to it.
This blew me away! We do this every year but I also debrief everything and gather learnings to see what worked and why and how can we replicate it.
What I learnt
- People love a deal
- They’ve been watching me for a while
- To go through my Thrivecart look at the best days ask what happened those days?
- People like yearly, there’s no monthly payment
- People stuck around if they committed to a year
- People weren’t too cheeky 65% average
- Some paid MORE than the cost
Steps you can use to do this
- Write the email to go out – I find connecting to a story works best before to after state
- Explain what you are doing
- Ask them to make an offer
- Think what’s the lowest you’ll accept
- Some will reply straight away with their offer and it will be what you want or higher
- Create their coupon – I use Thrivecart
- Some will be cheeky, reply saying its too low happy to be countered
Let me know how you get on!
Recommended Podcast Episodes
117 – Taking a new podcast 100,000 downloads ZERO Ad Spend – Arielle Nissenblatt
Arielle Nissenblatt goes through a real life case study of taking a new show to 100K downloads with ZERO ad spend in 14 months
108 – 750K Community Tom Ross The Community Guy
Tom Ross 'The Community Guy' & CEO of design cuts comes on the podcast to talk about building communities and his KEY lessons.
110 – Frameworks For Building 6 Figures with Email Rob & Kennedy
Want to know how to do email well for your membership? Let's find out with Rob & Kennedy build 6 figure membership with email marketing!
121 – Caleb O’Dowd The Greatest List Building Strategy I Ever Discovered
Caleb O'Dowd talks about the greatest list building strategy I ever discovered, how to be a killer marketer with a small email list
111 – Email Marketing in 2021 For Memberships
Email marketing in 2021 will change the game for your memberships, listen to this episode to find out more about email marketing.
114 – The Top Membership Questions I Get Asked?
Here are the top membership questions I get asked about memberships and usually how to grow them into the recurring business you want