Tom Ross has built a community of over 750,000 people. So he know’s a thing or two about community and communities – which is exactly why I wanted to interview Tom Ross.
It’s Ryan Carruthers here from The Membership Mastery, with another podcast episode for you today.
Tom Ross ‘The Community Guy’ & CEO of DesignCuts joins me today to talk about:
- 750,000 community members – so let’s start with that – remember how it felt when you started out before this huge number, what would be the one thing you would tell yourself?
- Whats the number one thing you think people misunderstand about building a community?
- You mentioned that people have an audience which is mainly content and then a community which is deeper level of connection. As the listeners are membership site owners many have an audience and then the membership community – one thing they struggle with is getting the Audience to know like and trust them to become members – what kind of things can we do too
- Grow the audience & make that audience more of a community?
- How do we identify our most engaged? How do we reach out to get them into the membership?
- I’ve heard you say that 200 is the critical mass and a good idea is a waiting list so that you can get there quickly, what do you do if you’ve already launched?
- How do we adopt a one member community mindset?
If you want to know what it takes to build a community and really serve your members you are going to get a lot of takeaways from this one.
Recommended Podcast Episodes
106 – Increasing Your Engagement – Don’t focus on only the people who comment
How to increase engagement in your membership by focusing on the right things and the engagement % experts tell you is wrong!
99 – What Disney Can Teach Us About Building Community…
100 – (Case Study) How I Increased Engagement In My Community 70% in 7 Days!
107 – How to use email marketing to build a connection & get more sales – Joe Kerns
Joe Kerns is an email marketing genius who runs Majik the email agency, listen to this podcast where we talk how to get sales using email
What Are The Do’s and Don’t for Building an Online Community
Want to build an online community? You will need to see this to learn the do's and the dont's of building a community online